Saturday 12 October 2019

Time Frame : AirAsia and ABMB



Sunday morning … a new space to blog. Feeling more fresh after I have been struggling to blog consistently in my old blog (https://www.cpteh.blogspot.com ) … using my old laptop(lagging) ….

Just bought this new laptop, fast and good … and light too. Created a new e-mail (to apply for jobs too) and new blog … and going to create a new youtube channel which would be sent HERE.

It takes MOTIVATION to blog and create a youtube channel … as I m not getting any wages from it (yet) … hope to link to google adsense and get some cling-cling as I go along … long way to go.

A post a day … to keep my thoughts unblock!! haha.




Yesterday I watch a movie … The Upside. A good movie … regarding a paralysed rich person who employed/picked an ex-prisoner as his 'assistant'. Will try to be consistent to watch a movie in a week. Any recommendation would be great.

Comment : do send comments to this blog.

Let us write a little about TIME FRAME in trading/investing.

If you are those buy-hold for 8-10 yrs, there is no reason to buy/invest in anything just yet as markets not crashing just yet.

Unless you are talking of property stocks which crashed to new low at the moment.


This is a weekly chart of Property Index. Strong downtrend and I have avoided property stocks for years … and written in many posts those waterfalls. Well, I m starting to check on them but no reason to invest yet … so, my time frame is not 8-10 yrs. I will become investors during crisis.

So … if we are picking up those property stocks now, our time frame would be about 1-2 months, seeing if it bottoming out from here (with cutloss level, please).

If we are trading, our time frame is shorter … and if we going for those uptrending stocks such as Greatec, we could hold for a while … say 3-6 months or so till the uptrend is OVER.

Define uptrend … and use that as our exit point.

So … define our TIME FRAME before we entering … if we are going to buy-hold uptrend stocks, exit when it turns downtrend. Also, if we are picking up some downtrending new low stocks, put the stop loss and wait for reversal. The time frame varies … depending on our trading plans.

As for me, many touch-n-go in many stocks recently while waiting for US-China meeting … traded Elsoft, Dayang, Greatec, UWC and such.

As I mentioned yesterday, I bought into 5 stocks … two of them are AirAsia and ABMB.

What is my time frame for both of them?



AirAsia : Bought due to reversal candle at support ...will hold for a while till reversal …. say in 1-2 weeks time to sell around 1.80 plus? Check daily chart to decide on the cutloss point.



ABMB : This is oversold due to selldown in banking … and currently at 3-4 yrs new low. So, will sell if sharp rebound (expected) say ...some 8-10%. By using weekly chart, I checked the reversal candle …. and using daily chart here to show the buying.

Do note that my positions are kinda large in recent buying bottom as I have waited for a month or so, to buy in. Yes, sitting on cash and waiting to buy those oversold stocks … at bottom. I m more of bottom-fishing trader.

There …. we will check on my these two trades and see if it is doing well … and how long it works. Yes, I shown all these LIVE trading with my trading group.

To join my stock-watch trading group, e-mail me to cpteh@yahoo.com or message to 012-821 0129.

Have a nice Sunday.

TEH

No comments:

Post a Comment